This is the Aureus Community Guidelines, which includes our Rules and FAQ. Failure to abide by these rules will result in punishment, which can be as severe as permanently losing access to Aureus.
- Different rules have different punishments for breaking them.
- Being suspended is not the same as being banned. Bans are permanent. Suspensions are temporary restrictions on a variety of privileges.
- You cannot be banned for doing something not covered by the rules, but you can be suspended at the discretion of the staff.
- Individual categories or forums may have their own sets of rules, but the Global Rules apply to all of them.
- You can have a maximum of 5 warning points before you'll get banned.
- Warning points expire after 30 days.
- Suspensions last between 24 to 72 hours.
- Punishments for breaking each rule are up to the staff unless otherwise specified in the stated rule.
- Anything not covered is left to be handled by the administrator(s) of the site.
- These guidlines apply to Aureus and any official extension of its services, including (but not limited to): the Aureus Discord server, official Aureus social media accounts, etc.
- Do not post anything illegal. This will result in an immediate suspension. Linking to content is acceptable (because we don't host it), but posts with such content can be removed at the discretion of staff.
- Do not create multiple accounts. This will result in all accounts being immediately banned.
- Do not spam. Unless you have something meaningful to contribute, don't. Doing this repeatedly will result in a warning.
- Proofread your content. We aren't going to warn you for misspelling a single word, but don't format your posts with annoying fonts or colors and PLEASE make sure that others can read and understand what you're posting.
- Do not post inappropriate content. Don't post gore, porn, or anything else that may otherwise be inappropriate directly on the forums. If you must, please link it offsite and mark your topic as NSFW in the topic title or with tags/a prefix. This applies to every section of the site. This also includes posting things in the wrong section.
- Do not abuse the reputation system. Reputation should not be taken very seriously, but blatant abuse of the system (gang repping, etc.) will be met with a warning.
- Do not double post. Unless you have a good reason (bumping, posting images, etc.), please don't do this. It makes things cluttered. Edit your last post instead.
- Do not complain about 'offensive content'. The staff and management of this community take a neutral stance on content that would be regarded as offensive (and ISN'T covered by other rules). If something offends you, it offends you. We won't be removing/censoring content unless it blatantly breaks other rules.
- Add spoilers to large amounts of content. If you have extremely long posts, YouTube videos, a bunch of images, or other content to embed please put it in spoiler tags. Failure to do so repeatedly may be met with a warning.
- Do not post content that could be harmful to the site or community members. This includes otherwise private content or personal information.
- Do not abuse information available to you on the site. This includes for off-site, on-site, or personal use.
- Do not abuse power available to you as staff. You can't ban somebody just because you don't like them, and you should only suspend users for good reasons.
- Do not deviate from the standard policy for moderation. Administrators put these policies in place for a reason.
- Follow all Global Rules and specific Forum Rules. Failure to do so can result in revocation of your moderator status.
- You cannot create rules as a moderator. It is the job of the administrators to assert dominance; not you.
- Anything in the rules without a specified punishment should be met with a single warning.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: I don't see my question here, what do I do?
A: PM a staff member. They will most likely be able to answer your question.
Q: I saw somebody break the rules, what do I do?
A: Just report the content and move on.
Q: Can I have x rank?
Q: I have a suggestion for the site, how and where do I explain it?
A: Post it in the Forum Help and Suggestions area.
Q: Where can I find the rule pages for every subforum?
A: Not all subforums have them, but you can easily find all the rule pages with the search function. Check posts with the tag "rules"; they will all be pinned in their respective subforums as well.
Q: I lost access to my old account. What do I do?
A: Do not make a new account. Contact a staff member (preferably via the Discord server) and let them know. If we can confirm your identity, we'll try and help you restore access to your account.